1198 Takanoko-machi Matsuyama City
About 5 min. walk from Iyotetsu Railway Kume Stn.
It was founded during the Tenpyo era (729-749) by Gyoki and consisted of numerous buildings; however was totally destroyed in the 14th Century.
Kuya (903-962) stayed at this temple for three years and when he left, the people of the village asked that he carve a statue of himself.