1435 Utazu Town
About 20 min. walk from JR Yosan Line Utazu Stn.
It is believed that Gyoki founded this temple in the early 8th Century and named it Dojoji.
Later, Kukai visited here and restored the dilapitated buildings.
Ippen (1239-1289) also stayed here converting the temple to the Jishu sect.
For awhile this temple prospered as a nenbutsu training site.