718-1 Kokufu-cho-yano, Tokushima City
Buy bus bound for Yorii-naka from Tokushima Stn.
Get off at Kokubunji-mae Bus Stop, about 10 min. walk.
Founded by Gyoki. Iy is one of the provincial temples (kokubunji) of Tokushima; however,
it was burnt to the ground by the troops of Motochika Chosokabe (1538-1599) during the 16th Century.
In 1741, it was rebuilt as a temole belonging to the Zen Soto sect.
To the left of the main gate, one can see the foundation stones of a pagota.
The entire temple grounds have been designated as a noted prefectual historical site.