857-3 Nagahama, Kochi City
By bus bound for Nagahama-shucchosho from Sakai-machi (Harimaya-bashi Crossing) Bus Terminal.
Get off at the last stop, about 5 min. walk.
It is one of three Zen temples along the route. (Otheres Temple 11 and 15), but was first founded as a Shingon temple by Kukai during the Enryaku period (782-806).
During the Tensho period (1573-1591), a priest Geppo took over as abbot and changed the temple to Rinzai sect.