763-2 Hakuchi, Ikeda-cho, Miyoshi City
By taxi bound for Ropeway from Kanonji Stn, about 30 min.
Change the ropeway.
In 807, Kukai revisited this site and at the request of Emperor Saga (786-842) carved the main deity and enshrined it here. During the Kamakura period (1192-1333), this temple prospered as a place of learning and nemerous buildings were constructed.
Later, during the 16th Century, Motochika Chosokabe visited here and was inspired to take over Iyo, Sanuki and Awa provinces and as part of this campaign, he burned down Unpenji.