1160 Konjoji-cho, Zentsuji City
About 5 min. walk from JR Dosan Line Konzoji Stn.
In 774, Wake no Michimaro (Dosan) founded this temple and named it Dozenji.
Enchin (794-864), cousin of Kukai, after returning from China in 858 lived here for awhile and remodeled the buildings to look like Seiryuji in China.
The buildings were destroyed during the 16th Century; however, they were rebuilt during the Kanei era (1624-1644).