1808 Yashima-higashi-machi, Takamatsu City
About 30 min. walk from Kotoden Railway Yashima Stn.
In 754, Ganjin visited this place on his way to Namba from China and built a sanctuary for which his disciple acted as abbot. Later in 815, Kukai came here, constructed the Main Hall, carved and enshrined the the main deity.
This mountain is the site of a major battle between the Heike (Taira) and Genji (Minamoto) clans during the 12th Century.